This role could be part-time or full-time, depending on the candidate. An Associate Instructor is responsible for teaching and leading part-time courses at SDG. Their primary tasks include aiding in creating and delivering the curriculum as well as working with students to complete projects. The Associate Instructor is one who has industry experience with a passion for growing themselves, students, and the community. The part-time version of this role is remote and could be for as little as two evenings per week (Monday and Wednesday). A full-time role would be four remote evenings per week along with flexible on-site afternoons. A perfect fit for late risers and night owls.
We believe that our community is at the center of the work we do. As such, we strongly encourage those whose identities represent the broad diversity of that community, particularly those from marginalized groups, to apply.
The ideal candidate for this role has:
- Successfully delivered production code for clients or employers
- A passion for teaching, mentorship, and is a lifelong learner
- Some public speaking experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the instructional team to provide purposeful lessons and class activities.
- Deliver lectures and tutorials.
- Support students during project work.
- Deftly and patiently field student questions and provide feedback in lectures and office hours.
- Assess students on a continual basis and provide prompt feedback on student progress.
- Cultivate a dynamic, collaborative, and supportive classroom community.
- Contribute to local evangelism, admissions, and nurture activities, such as attendance at meetups, speaking at conferences, leading workshops, etc.
Support a positive tone and learning agenda for the classroom.
- Establish and maintain high academic, attendance, and behavior expectations for students and staff.
- Build and refine web development curriculum and assignments.
- Utilize student feedback and experimentation to continuously improve teaching and assessment methods.
Salary and Benefits
Compensation for this role is flexible and will depend on qualifications and experience. Benefits for our full-time staff include:
- Fully-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
To apply for this role, please visit https://sdg.codes/employment.