Note: This document is a work in progress. You can help improve it.
A Whole New World
Today you learned a new language and will be starting to explore it more in depth in the coming weeks. Like any good craftsman, the first thing you need is to learn your tools. Tonight, you will be setting up your developer environment, creating a simple console application, and starting your final project.
- Set up your dev machines
- Create a simple console application to ensure your machine is set up correctly
- Continue working through your wireframes for your capstone
Install the .NET Core SDK.
Install the follow plugins:
To verify everything was installed correctly, run
dotnet -vin your terminal.
Simple Console Application
Create a console application that guesses a number that a user has thought of ,between 1 and 100. This will use a
binary searchto guess the correct number
https://codepen.io/ambethia/pen/KNewBb. NOTE You will be translating this from the event driven paradigm of HTML to the more procedural paradigm of a console application.
For Explorer Mode, you do not have to put in menu or other user experience "nice to haves", focus on the just the core algorithm.
- Work on your wireframes and ironing out your idea. Work with your instructors and peers to work out the kinks. Ideas should be approved by tomorrow.
- Add a nice user experience to the console app. Include features such as
Welcome, press enter to start
- Eventually we will be using a MVC application structure. To prepare for this, refactor your code to have all your business logic in separate class and all your console interaction in the main class.