Note: This document is a work in progress. You can help improve it.
INSERT INTO Student (knowledge) VALUES ('SQL')
Every application uses data in some way. This will help you set up your development environment as well as get used to querying databases.
- Install Postgres
- Create a database for Employees
- Write some queries to use the database
- Set up postgres by following these directions.
Create a database:
Create a table:
Add the following columns to the table, Use your best judgement for data types
Create queries that can do the following:
- Select all columns for all employees
- Select only the Full Name and Phone Extension for only Full Time employees
- Insert a new part time employee, as a software developer, part time, with a salary of 450
- Update all employees that are the cooks to have a salary of 500
- Delete all employees that have the full name of "Lazy Lynn"
- Update all employees to be full time
- Add a column to the table:
parking_spot_numberas a string that up to 10 characters long
Turn in the above queries as a gist
- Work on your final project
- For more practice, Hackerrank has a SQL Track