Note: This document is a work in progress. You can help improve it.
As we explore the concepts of a full stack web app, a good way to practice is to duplicate an existing site. For this project you will be creating a copy of a site that you know very well, StackOverflow.
The finished product will be due Monday, so this will be a little bigger. Since you have a long to time to work on this, this project is a great portfolio piece that can a clean and responsive UI, as well as clean code in the API.
It is recommend to start with wire frames, then go from there.
- Create a full stack web app, from Database, to API, to frontend, as well as styled
- Practice working in groups
In groups of 2 or 3, create an anonymous question and answer site, that allows users to up-vote and down-vote questions and answers.
The core functionality is:
- as a user I should be able to view and search questions asked
- As a user I should be able to view a question and its answers
- As a user I should be able to post a question, this can anonymous, and should be be Explorer Mode
- As a user I should be able to answer a question
- As a user I should be able to up/down vote a answer
- As a user I should be able to up/down vote a question
- Complete the app that has the above functionality
- Add user accounts
- Go to StackOverflow, pick a feature, and implement it.
- Work on your capstone