Note: This document is a work in progress. You can help improve it.
As we explore the concepts of a full stack web app, a good way to practice is to duplicate an existing site. For this project, you will be creating a copy of a site that you know very well, StackOverflow.
The finished product will be due Monday, so this will be a little bigger. Pace yourself
First, we need to the database schema and start to build the API for the core functionality
- Create a full stack web app, from database to API, to frontend, as well as styled
- Practice working in groups
In groups of 2, create an anonymous question and answer site, that allows users to up-vote and down-vote questions and answers.
The core functionality is:
- as a user I should be able to view and search questions asked
- As a user I should be able to view a question and its answers
- As a user I should be able to post a question, this can anonymous, and should be Explorer Mode
- As a user I should be able to answer a question
- As a user I should be able to up/down vote an answer
- As a user I should be able to up/down vote a question
- Create an ERD for the core functionality above
- Create API definitions for the all the endpoints needed. This should include URLs, params, body, and return types.
- Start building out the API
- Work on your capstone project