Note: This document is a work in progress. You can help improve it.
As we explore the concepts of a full-stack web app, a good way to practice is to duplicate an existing site. For this project, you will be creating a copy of a site that you know very well, StackOverflow.
The finished product will be due Monday, so this will be a little bigger. Pace yourself
First, we need to the database schema and start to build the API for the core functionality
- Create a full-stack web app, from database to API, to frontend, as well as styled
- Practice working in groups
In groups of 2 or 3, create an anonymous question and answer site, that allows users to up-vote and down-vote questions and answers.
The core functionality is:
- as a user I should be able to view and search questions asked
- As a user I should be able to view a question and its answers
- As a user I should be able to post a question, this can anonymous, and should be for Explorer Mode
- As a user I should be able to answer a question
- As a user I should be able to up/downvote an answer
- As a user I should be able to up/downvote a question
- Create wireframes for your app. really focus on the MVP
- Create an ERD for the core functionality above
- Create API definitions for all the endpoints needed. This should include URLs, params, body, and return types.
- Create an API that supports your design
- Create the Client app application that uses your API
- Work on your capstone project