Note: This document is a work in progress. You can help improve it.
Hello, World! - Research Project
As a developer, learning is a lifelong skill that you will continue to hone. During the last 11 weeks, you have learned many topics, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. For this project, select a topic in technology and give a short presentation about it.
- Select a topic that we did not cover in class, get it approved by your instructor, and research the subject to understand it
- Give a 5-10 minutes presentation about that piece of technology that includes:
- What is the technology
- What problem does the technology solve
- Why makes the technology unique
- Include a Hello World Implementation of the app.
- Be able to answer some questions about from the group
- at least one of the following:
- A slide deck with speaker notes
- Code for the app that you created
- A short essay, summarizing what you presented
- A power point is not needed. As long as you can demo the code and get across the idea of the technology
- 5 mins is not a long time when talking about technology.
- Build a non-trivial App that uses your technology. For example, if you choose Angular, a simple Hello, World app displays the current time, but a non-trivial app can talk to the weather API and display the current weather
Not extensive, and not limited to
- Mongo DB
- A Specific HTML5 Feature
- JS Canvas
- Raspberry Pi