Note: This document is a work in progress. You can help improve it.
Octodex is a fun way to celebrate a powerful tool we use for development. In that same spirit, recreate this site
You'll identify the main
Components on the page and create React components for each, breaking down those
Components into smaller ones as needed.
- Learn to identify parts of a web site as
app-app(GAMMA stack) to build a React project
- Understand and use React components
- Understand and use "props" in React
Array.prototype.mapto render a collection of components in React
- Figure out the main components of the page. These will be the main components in your
- Create your React app
- Your CSS should be in
- You should have at least two components...
- Clear out the implementation in the
Appand have it render your main components.
- Use props to try to reuse components
- Place the definition of each Octocat in an
arrayof objects and use
mapto generate the Octocat components
- Put the
arrayof Octocats in a
importthat into your app.
- Use the
fetchapi to retrieve the list of Octocats from this api instead