Note: This document is a work in progress. You can help improve it.
Practice is key to gaining the mileage needed conquer programming. A very common practice problem is to recreate a working calculator. A basic calculator is a good exercise in using state, effects and components to create a powerful and robust UI.
- practice using components
- practice implementing a UI wireframe
Create a simple calculator that allows the user to add, multiple, subtract and divide two numbers. You implement this ui:
- Implement the Above UI using HTML and CSS inside a react app
- As a user, I should be able to add two numbers
- As a user, I should be able to add subtract numbers
- As a user, I should be able to add multiple numbers
- As a user, I should be able to add divide numbers
- The clear button should reset the current calculation
- Show the user their history in a list
- Be able to chain together results. As in, the user should be able to input
2 + 3 - 4 + 5and get an answer
- Let the user use their keyboard in addition to the mouse
- using your systems calculator app as inspiration, implement as many features as you can, including, but not limited to scientific mode, exponents, orders of operations etc.
- Take this in small steps just like we did in class. Start with the HTML, then CSS, then with basic functionality