Note: This document is a work in progress. You can help improve it.
Choose your own API
In this assignment, you'll build a front end for an API of your choice
- Reinforce component architecture in React
- Reinforce reading of API documentation (some is great, and some is terrible)
- Creating and designing your own features for a web app
We're going to build a front end for an API of your choice. Choose one from this list
NOTE You'll need to choose one with
apiKey since we haven't covered
OAuth authentication yet.
NOTE You'll also need to check to see if the API will work from your browser. You can do a quick check by making a small
create-react-app, doing an
fetch of one API URL and see if you get browser errors.
- Read your API docs
- Use Postman to make some API requests to be familiar with the API and the data it returns
- Create a list of the features you are going to create and how they will work
- Design your User Interface
- Design your HTML statically in
- Make it dynamic
- Use components when needed
- Deploy it and share it with friends