Note: This document is a work in progress. You can help improve it.
Spit and Polish
Your GitHub repository will be part of your portfolio and you will likely link to it from your portfolio.
Creating a clean looking README is as important for a project as having nice clean code.
Here are some examples of great READMEs:
Here are some example of great student READMEs:
- Create quality readmes
- Choose several (at least three) repositories to update the READMEs
- Include a description, in your own words, of what the assignment was
- Include a list of technologies (and links to the homepage for each) you used
- Include a link to the project in production (surge, etc.)
- Include a screenshot or an animated gif (see Kap, Recordit, or Licecap)
- Include an aspect you are particularly proud of
- Include a snippet of code you are proud of (see GitHub Markdown on how to format code snippets)