Note: This document is a work in progress. You can help improve it.
In this assignment you will build a mock shopping website in React, with React Router.
- Use components and props effectively in React
- Use React Router to create declarative navigation in your application
In this assignment you will build a mock e-commerce website. Take time to think about the component structure of the page, and create reusable components.
- Your store should have categories that products are placed in.
- The landing page should display "featured" products.
- Your store should have a listing page of all products.
- Your store should have a listing page of products in specific categories (this might be the same component as the previous requirement, think about how this would work).
- Your store should have a product details page, with a photo, price and other details.
- Create your own JSON file with data for your products.
- Create a theme and identity for your store and the products it sells, have fun with this. Take the time to make a nice looking web application for your portfolio.
- Add enough products to your store that the customer would need multiple pages to browse it all.
- Add "pagination" to your product listings.
- Build a shopping cart that customers can add items to.
- Add functionality to manage the quantity of items in the shopping cart.
- Build a mock (no payment transactions) checkout workflow for the items in a customers shopping cart.