Note: This document is a work in progress. You can help improve it.
Catch your Breath
We have been going at a fast pace for the past couple of weeks. Every so often, you need to reflect on how far you have come.
In this assignment, we are going to take a little code break and create a blog post. Writing is a good way to reflect on what you have done and also share some knowledge. The best way to get better at talking about technology is practice. Blog posts are a way to practice that skill.
- Practice talking about technology
- Reinforce a topic we have covered in class
- Create a blog on Medium.
- Submit the link to your published blog post when turning in this assignment.
- continue to work on blackjack
- As we progress, we will be using different tools to work our brain. Today, head over to HackerRank. This is another tool, like Codewars to practice our developer skills. As a start, head into the algorithms section, and try Grading Students.
- To turn this in, create a gist of your code and submit link to it.
- Go back and finish up any outstanding work.
- Go back to a previous assignment and work on it some more. This could trying to tackle a harder level, working on the UI/UX, refactoring the code to a new idea that we covered (e.g. functions and abstractions), or adding unit tests.
- To turn this in, link to the other project's repository, and describe what you did.