Come Visit Mars
Introduce the project, a Martian travel brochure website.
Talk about marking up the HTML required for the document.
Tags and Attributes
Semantic vs. Non-semantic Tags
Talk about tags with semantic meaning, vs. those without it. Define "semantic" in the context of HTML.
Typography and Theme
The "cascading" nature of CSS: Specificity and Precedence
Linking to External Media
- External Stylesheets
- Adding Images
Begin laying out the page with some basic layout CSS:
- A single centered column
- Centered images with captions
- An aside, inset in the text.
- Start laying the foundations of mobile-first responsive design.
- Add additional pages to the website
- Navigation styling,
- A simple contact
<form>and related CSS
- Switch to a two-column layout for the page.
- Keep a single column on small screens
- Two columns where available.